Quest 2nd job Level 39 Test of the Searcher
Level 39 Test of the SearcherClassAbyss Walker, Bounty Hunter, Plains Walker, Treasure HunterRaceHuman, Elf, Dark Elf, DwarfLocationHunter's VillageNPC that starts itLutherRepeatableNoRewardMark of Searcher1. The quest begins in the Hunter's Village Fighter's Guild, where you should speak with Master Luther. He will send you to speak to Captain Alex (or Alankel) in Floran.
Alex is on the east side of Floran Village. He runs through the city and you will meet him on the opposite side of Grocer Pano. Talk to him and he will send you to speak to Militaman Reirin. Reirin is on the left side of Floran, next to a bridge to the west. When talking to him, he will ask you to kill Delu Lizardmen Shaman until you get 10 Delu's Totems. Be careful, when you attack them they will summon monsters to protect you.
2. From Giran Harbor, if you go the Northeast road, you will find Delu Lizardman Shaman. When you have all 10 totems, talk to Reirin again.
3. This time, he will ask you to hunt down the chief of the Delu tribe, Chief Kalkis. Reirin will give you a quest item with these orders and ask you to bring her the Chief Kalkis' Tooth quest item. You can find Kalkis in the area where you found the shamans. Once you kill him and get the item, he talks to Reirin again. He will give you a strange map and send you back to talk to Alex.
4. Alex will tell you that his friend Drunkard Borys, in Gludio Castle Town, can give you more information. So, he goes to Gludio and look for him in the Southwest corner of the city. It's behind the Dark Elf Guild building. Once you talk to Borys he will ask you to bring him a wine that you will get by talking to Tara (or Tyra).
5. You will find Tyra in the Dark Elf region, west of the Altar of Rites, on the west side of the road, near some red shops. Tyra will ask for 10 Spore Powder Sacs in exchange for the wine. To get them, go to Sea of Spores and kill Giant Fungus.
6. When you have 10 objects, take them to Tyra and he will give you the Malukian Grape Juice, which you will have to take to Borys in Gludio. This time, Borys will tell you to go to the Wasteland to talk to Guard Jax, who you can find at the southern entrance to the Wasteland. Jax will give you a part of a map, he will ask you to kill Road scavengers and Hangman Trees to get another two rooms and he will give you a quarter of it when you get them.
7. Go to Execution Ground to kill Hanged Man Ripper to get 4 Makel's Map Pieces. When you have them, go to Death Pass and kill Road Scavenger until you get 4 Solt's Map Pieces. Once you have everything, talk to Jax again.
8. Jax will put all the pieces together and give you his map. He now talks to Alankel again in Floran Village (Translator's note: this last step does not come in the guide, but on the page from which I translated the quest, so I am not sure if it should be done).
9. Now look at the red mark that appears on your game map north of Floran and west of Dion castle (10K, 157K). When you are getting closer use the radar, the yellow dot will get closer. It takes you to a tree that you can talk to. By talking to him, he will give you a chance to dig. Do it and you will find a Wooden Chest and a Russted Key. If you open the box with the key you will get 20 Gold Bars / Nuggets. Take them to Alex.
10. Alex will give you his recommendation, which you will have to take to Master Luther in Hunter's Village. When you give it to him, you will get the final item of the quest.